NY Mets’ Jeurys Familia, 24 year old from the Domincan Republic is getting his chance to be that pitcher, and has a great future in front of him. He would be that one that seals the game. The one that makes those teams wake up and realize it’s over. A Closer is one who finishes games. A closer is someone in charge to finish what others may have started. A closer is someone that has the capability to find a solution and an answer to conclude the game, episode, crime case or what ever else is DUE TO FINISH.
We need to have this tenacity in us, because unlike a baseball team, we may not have someone to relieve us and finish what we began.
So many beginnings and very few finishers.
Procrastination, distractions, mood swings are sometimes the culprits of our destiny and purpose. WE CANNOT allow them to get away with it any more. It’s not enough to dream, to be a visionary, to hope for one day. its not enough to just write it down. You must get up, this fine day and determined yourself to finish. Here are a few tips to finish strong in every endeavor you have begun.
1. Take inventory. What do you have at hand? Where are you in life? How many more pieces do you need? You’ll be surprise to find that you had it with you all the time, if you just looked for it. This is the first step.
2. There’s more coming. Did you know that when Jesus was on Earth he fulfilled over 300 prophesies. Its a fact. we struggle with 1. I know you say well he was “Jesus”. Yes, but he was a man. and he walked knowing there was more to him than just being good to people, he was on a mission. There is more to your life. There is another chapter to your book. There will be more opportunities, new ideas, more creativity. SAY MORE!
3. The grand feeling of accomplishment. Until you finish something you will be the one doing all the talking, all the wishing and making the people believe in you. When you finish something of value for you, You become more valuable to others and your accomplishments will speak volumes of your life. Change your thinking, change your words. There is power of life and death in them. Oh! the Joy of seeing the vision come to pass…
4. Surround yourself with Finishers. This is why I follow Jesus, he even said it at the cross. “IT IS FINISHED!” They are out there. Look for them. Follow their lead. GET YOURSELF IN THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT OF FAITH! Once you are there, ask questions, study their motives, read their books. Live the life.
5. It is worth the effort. Imagine what your life would be if you wrote those books, started that business, finally married that girl? Whatever that is, it will take effort, it will be a new road, it will take more out of you. Just remember, that if the desire is there, you have an obligation to yourself and your creator to explore all the possibilities and abilities he has giving you. In the end, you will be glad you did.
Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2